Matt

Matt

by Matthew (Matt) Schlimm -
Number of replies: 0

I'm very grateful for the following staff people. This list isn't exhaustive, and I apologize for those I've omitted, which is because of my limited thinking, not because of them.

• Beth McCaw, especially her work with students who have graduated and how attentive she is to PCUSA dynamics
  • Lindsey Ward, especially her behind the scenes work that ensures everything from field placements to registration goes smoothly
  • Elmer Colyer, especially his work with the UMC program
  • Emily Blue, who ministers to students
  • Jill Dodds, who helps everything run so smoothly
  • Chuck Barland (and Kristen Eby other times) who has provided music for worship
  • Samuel Felderman, who not only helps recruit students, but also welcomes them and is an ongoing guide
  • Library staff, who go above and beyond especially with distance students
  • Technology staff, who have been amazingly nimble and helpful during staff transitions over the last year. Josh Crowell is especially great.
  • Greek and Hebrew tutors

Like Mary Emily, I'd like to register that it would be helpful if ASC provided writing tutors to our students. If they cannot, then I propose we investigate the possibility of hiring a GA (either a seminary student or even someone in the Master of Arts in Communication program) to meet our needs. Writing well is essential to being an effective pastor and successful student. If students don't learn to write well, they are likely to struggle with things like ordination exams/essays.