Mary Emily

Mary Emily

by Mary Emily Duba -
Number of replies: 0

How I know that the Theology Department is meeting our mission of a) extending theological education to undergrads and young adults and b) breaking down the sense of "insulation" from the rest of the campus.

• Since the Theology Department was redesigned and the new curriculum launched in 2019, 7 majors and 4 minors have joined the program.
  • Theology Department supports the general education curriculum, placing approximately 350 students in theology/religion courses each year.
  • The 3/3 Program permits Theology majors to take Seminary courses in their senior year, reducing their required courses upon enrollment in a UDTS Master’s program. [Attached is the description of the 3/3 from the 2021-2022 catalog. I do not see the 3/3 program in the 2024 catalog. I only see "BA and Master's Shared Credit" description. (p.26 of 2024 catalog).Open this document with ReadSpeaker docReader
  • 2023-2024 Experimenting in holding join chapel with undergraduate Campus Ministry on a regular basis.

• YAMS, GA opportunities, and Wendt mentoring opportunities have integrated seminarians into undergraduate life.

• Theology Department's location in the Seminary, along with intentional opportunities for undergraduates to visit the Theology Department (office hours, in-person oral exams, holiday party, pre-exam study sessions, etc.), have lead to a regular presence of undergraduates in the building. This breaks down the "insulation" of the seminary from the rest of the campus.
  • Faculty teaching in the undergraduate program attend UD faculty meetings.
  • Theology Department chair sits on the Academic Council for the University.
  • Theology faculty co-teach with undergraduate faculty (HN 157 Sacred Spaces 2023, HT 567 Theology in Place 2022).