From Matt

From Matt

by Beth McCaw -
Number of replies: 0

On excellence in academic inquiry - I continue to seek excellence in my publication record. I recently had an article accepted for publication in Harvard Theological Review.

On diverse and equitable community - worship and leadership of our United Methodist Program, specifically Wesley Tables.

“Growing in the Church’s biblical faith in the Triune God.” I think we do a good job on that front. We are committed to growth, the church, the Bible, and the Trinity. In doing so, we’re providing what pastors and churches desperately need, which is ultimately to encounter the living God.

UD and UDTS missions as complementary.  UD’s Mission emphasizes “A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced.” I see that as fully compatible with “Join[ing] God’s Mission” in UDTS’s Mission. The biblical vision of humanity’s telos is that all the diverse nations and peoples of the human family will gather together to worship God for all eternity (Rev 7:9-10). When we are successful in creating “A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced,” we join God’s mission and experience a foretaste of the kingdom of God.