Foundation for Peace Dominican Republic Partnership

Foundation for Peace Dominican Republic Partnership

by Beth McCaw -
Number of replies: 0

Aimed for trips every three years; break in pattern for COVID.  

Last visit was 2019 with Synod of Sun taking the lead including UDTS participants.

Always includes sharing and information across faculty, students, Wendt Center, and in worship about the Dominican Republic, culture, church, see attached presentations.

In 2020 though prevented from visiting due to COVID collected offerings to support the ministry:  

5-4-2020 e-mail to UDTS students and alums:

Dear sisters and brothers who have participated in the partnership in the Dominican Republic (El Batey/Christ the King; San Joaquin).  
I've been in touch with Kristin.  It is hard to imagine not just the illness and suffering that COVID has created, but the economic fallout as the Foundation for Peace spring/summer teams have cancelled trips, and with that support for the communities that we have come to love.  Staff and teachers have been laid off, daily bread is needed. We all are bridge people to those who have sent us to the D.R.  This is a time of urgent need to share with those in need, from our own rainy days funds or with those who were part of the sending team in the past. I know that many of you have also been impacted economically by this crisis; please add your prayers to the assistance, and spread the word.   I think these days there is the impulse to care for those "at home," which really leaves wider circles of mission neglected.  Please would you consider playing a role in a generous gift to care for those who have had no cushion?   I have marked my gifts as 'Where most needed by Kristin Hamner,"  and can be sent to:
Foundation for Peace, PO Box 424, Ironia, NJ 07845
With you in prayer for our church family in the D.R. -
Yours in Christ,
Beth