Nick

Nick

by Nicholas (Nick) Elder -
Number of replies: 0

Mary Emily has already mentioned AAAS and the Science for Seminaries grant. The only thing I have to add is that I met with Leif Castren, the program associate for the Dialogue on Science, Ethics, and Religion at the SBL/AAR back in 2022 and he had expressed his pleasure about our project and the possibility of future projects with DoSER.

On a different note, I been involved with several workshops and programs run through the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion, whose mission is as follows: "The Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion seeks to enhance and strengthen education in theology and religion in theological schools, colleges, and universities in the United States and Canada." I participated in the 2022 "Early Career Theological Faculty Workshop" and received a "fellowship grant" following the workshop. In summer of 2023 I participated in the "Breaking the Academic Mold: Liberating the Powerful, Personal Voice Inside You." And I am currently participating in the "Design Thinking for Religious and Theological Educators." I anticipate receiving a $5,000 small grant related to this last workshop that will support the implementation of a design thinking project with respect to online teaching.